These chicken nuggets are really good, but they’re a bit unconventional. Never fear! They still provide the crunchy exterior with a delicious chicken interior that is completely devoid of dryness. They’re baked after being coated with cooked quinoa instead of breadcrumbs which gives them a healthy protein-packed makeover. They’re so yummy you may never want to have the traditional breadcrumb chicken nuggets again!
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 15 Minutes
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ⅔ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt + ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs + 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a baking sheet. In a small bowl whisk flour, salt, and pepper. In a second bowl whisk eggs and water. Place quinoa in a third bowl.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture, then eggs, and lastly in the quinoa being sure to coat well. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Spray chicken nuggets generously with cooking spray (this helps the nuggets to get crispy but can be skipped if you prefer) and bake for 15-20 minutes until nuggets are cooked through and browned. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces such as bbq sauce, ketchup, sweet and sour sauce, etc.